Hacienda del Mar

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Hacienda del Mar (by Joyce C.):

Are all maintenance fees due at the same time.? I received our bill just a week ago, and the delinquent date is December 14. This year it went up again. If you remember it was $1500+ then last year $1320. Now this year it is $1398. It irks me to pay as much as we are, but I paid a lot of money for my 2bedroom in 1999, and I refuse to sell for less than what I paid or at least something decent. The only good thing left is to be able to rent at other places. I look at it this way. I would pay at least $1300 or more for 7 days in a hotel, so I have been using interval. Although, intervals book keeps getting smaller each year. I had a very long conversation with Ivan in September. We stayed at HDM in early August, and when I received a survey from Hyatt, I let them have it with both barrels. I told them everything and more. I then received a phone call from Ivan. Look, this is the way he makes a living. He is a corporate man and will not say anything against the corporation. Aside from apologizing for my unhappiness and displeasure with the way things are at the Hacienda nothing was done. The only thing that will make Hyatt stand up and listen is if the majority of owners just up and sold for whatever price, or if the majority of owners just went on strike and refused to pay maintenance. If it is only a small group of us, the only thing that will happen is that they will take away our properties for breach of contract. We agreed to pay maintenance. Let's face it, the corporation is the only winner here. We here on this website are only a small group. There are not even 10 of us that write here. Just a handful who are angry and frustrated. I try to be a optimist, and hope that the promises that were made will actually come to fruition. If anyone has any other ideas, please step forward and speak. I have had advice from 2 attorneys, and we don't have a leg to stand on. No where in our contract does it state anything about the other properties and our use of them. We can only get them for breach, and so far they have not. Hang in there guys, lets hope for better days.