Rants

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Rants (by Lisa P.):

I have an every-other-year (odd) week at Poipu (deeded), but due to medical reasons, it makes it very difficult for my family to get out there (that would get into a rant about upgrades on domestic airlines, which is beyond the scope of this forum :-)). So, I normally spacebank in RCI and exchange.

At this point, I'm seriously considering selling since it doesn't make sense to pay maint fees for a place that I'm not staying at.

I received a call from a third party that Diamond Resorts is using to contact all the owners. Evidently they did buy out Sunterra. They want to send a representative to my house to discuss my options and it is expected to take an hour.

First, I find sending anyone to my house for something like this to be very invasive. And when I pressed that they could do this over the phone, I was told "well, they want to keep your account information private" and that it's a "personal touch," etc. When I pressed on how invasive this is, they told me to contact Diamond Resorts International directly.

-Lisa