Construction

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Construction (by James O.):

The Hilton Hawaiian Village complex has many towers to choose from but the timeshares are located in one of three towers, the Lagoon Tower, which is closest to the water and offers the potentail for the best views (but is also closest to the new construction), the Kalia Tower which is further away of the timeshare towers from both the water and the construction), and the Waikikian which is the new tower currently under construction. This resort is an older property and is quite congested when compared with some of the nicer resorts located on the other islands but is located right on the edge of Waikiki within easy walking distance of both Waikiki as well as the Ala Moana Shopping Center. As with any resort on site food options are numerous but expensive. You can walk to many nearby restaurants that offer much more reasonable prices for food. It is unclear when the construction will be complteded but it makes sense to request a "quiet room" away from the construction if you have that option. For Hilton Honors members, you do not get Executive Level privileges unless you're staying at the only tower with an Executive Lounge, the Kalia Tower. I suspect you'll also have to be a hotel guest rather than a timeshare guest but I've never stayed in the Kalia so I don't know for sure. I've stayed in an 2 BR oceanfront as well as a 3 BR penthouse in the Lagoon Tower and both were quite nice, but again this was before the construction was advanced as it is now. If you're a hotel guest, their Ali'i Tower is considered their "VIP" tower and offers more ameneties to those staying there. This tower is one of the farthest away from the construction site so is relatively quiet. If you really want to experience Hawaii I recommend not limiting your visit to Waikiki. You can get a taste of Hawaii if you tour outside of Waikiki but the other islands have much more natural beauty and much less congestion.