Maintenance Fees

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Maintenance Fees (by Marl M.):

Hi, I love Sanibel Island too. I frankly don't see the value of RCI at all, even if you like/love your home unit. They NEVER EVER have anything at the places I want at the times I want. It's $89 a year just thrown away, to me. what makes it worth while for you, I was wondering?

maryd108 wrote:
True, there are many deals to be had for great travel. Especially in 2007 for those US citizens with a passport. So many people are not paying attention and will not have passports when they want to travel. I am very in tune with the market; I am a travel agent. I am seeing fantastic deals for this winter. If I can help you find something, just let me know!

I think the Management Co. is part of the problem as well. They have too much control because the owners are not there to keep an eye on things.

I agree about them not being worth it unless you have something really special (I do, Sanibel Island, FL). I would not join RCI; too many hassles and not worth the cost. Be careful about selling though; they are really low right now and you may not get much money for it. You may do better renting it out on Redweek and using the money to cover your fees etc. Then you can use the money you make on another trip.

Mary