Maintenance Fees

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Maintenance Fees (by Mark S.):

I have a timshare where the maininence fees are high $850. When I do the math, however, I do not come to the same conclusion as most of the responses above. Lets use the number from one of the examples above:

"Given that the building may have 20 units he is collecting 550,000.00$ per building per year."

Labor is expensive. Lets say the average person on the payroll makes $55,000 per year with benifits. That $550,0000 will employe aproximately 10 people. Then you need to consider utilities, insurance, wear & tear consumables. The maintence fees for a free standing unit will be much higher than a multiple unit structure.

I know at my timeshare they give us a breakdown of the costs to run the place. The cost for insurance in Florida is crazy!! I think that the poor folks working to maintain the place are probably underpaid.

When I consider what it costs me to keep-up a house, I think that the timeshare fees are probably a bargin.

PS I think that the ones making all the profits are the developers. It is insane what the places are selling for initially...