General Info

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: General Info (by Ronald E J.):

stevef26 wrote:
We usually go to Maui in March or April. It is great for whale watching right from your room.

If you are adventurous, take the road around the west side of the island. There are some spectacular views and the drive is really fun. There are also a couple of really good snorkeling spots around this side of the island not too far from Kahana. Part of this road is a one lane road, so it can be interesting when you meet other traffic. Sometimes, there are donkeys that will be on the road and they will actually stick their head in your car window and eat right our of your hand. Plan on about 3 hours for this drive, depending on how much time you stop along the way.

That drive takes your around to Kahului. When your get near to Kahului, you will be close to the Iao Needle. It is a nice tropical park that is definitely worth a quick stop.

The bicycle ride down Haleakala is also a lot of fun. Mostly coasting and riding the brake and if you enjoy the fresh air, you will enjoy the ride.

If you take a snorkeling trip to Molokini, be sure to go on the morning trip. Afternoons are always a lot rougher because of the trade winds.

The aquarium is great! Road to Hana is nice, but plan on ALL DAY. The first time I went, we made lots of stops and were gone for 14 hours. By the time we got back, everyone was very tired and cranky. Last time we went, we went on past the 7 sacred falls on the road they told us not to go on. It was fine and lots of great scenery that we would have missed otherwise.

If you go up to Haleakala you will have to buy a pass to get into the park. Be sure to save this pass, because it will also be good to get you into the Seven Sacred Pools Park when you go on the road to Hana.

I have lots of more good info, for anyone who is interested. If you have specific questions, please ask.

Steve

Hello Steve;

My wife and I are planning a trip to SOK in October, this is our first time going to HI, would you share some of the info you have, I am looking to possibly buy an activity package or something like that to see as much as I can, I also will rent a car to get around. Anything you care to share will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ronald