General Info

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: General Info (by Steve F.):

Hello Ronald,

Sorry that I didn't see your question sooner! Hopefully you get this before you go!

I usually take a look at some of the packages that a vendor named "Boss Frogs" has to offer. They also have a website called "Bossfrogs.com" that can give you some ideas! They also offer some steep discounts if you attend a timeshare presentation. You can decide whether it is worth it or not!

Some of the things that I consider a "must see" in Maui are:

1. Drive up to Haleakala - I am not an early bird, so going to watch the sunrise is too much like work for me while on vacation. It is a very scenic drive up and if you are adventurous and like the out doors, sign up for one of the bike tours down the mountain. There is virtually no excercise involved. It is basically just an exercise in using the brake all the way down! The views and fresh air are breathtaking.

2. Shopping in Lahaina - Spending a day walking around the little town of Lahaina is just a lot of fun. Surprisingly, the shops have some pretty good prices on a lot of their stuff. If you like burgers, "Cheeseburger in Paradise" is a great place to eat. Usually the food at a place like this is not too good, but everyone in our party totally enjoyed it.

3. Submarine ride - The submarine ride is totally awesome. Don't take the yellow submarine, it is only a glorified glass bottom boat. The submarine actually takes you down about 130 ft and you see all kinds of marine life and even a shipwreck.

4. Helicopter ride - The helicopter ride over Haleakala and around to Hana is a once in a lifetime event. Well worth it!!!

5. Snorkel trip to Molokini - We enjoyed the boat ride over to the island of Molokini. The snorkeling was not on par with other places that I have been, but the outing was nice. If you go during whale season, then any boat ride is an experience.

6. Whale Watching Boat - The best whale watching boat that we found was the "Pacific Whale Foundation" that departs from Ma'alaea Harbor (right next to the Maui Ocean Center). Sometimes you can get a better deal on their trips if you book online at www.pacificwhale.org. They are very reasonable anyway!

7. Hawaiian Luau - You can't go to Hawaii without going to a luau. The Old Lahaina Luau is touted to be the most popular luau in Maui. I haven't been to that one, but I have been to a couple of others and found them to be quite enjoyable also. They have one at the Hyatt (Drums of the Pacific) in Kaanapali that was pretty good and right after, they had fireworks on the beach.

8. Snorkeling - There is some of the best snorkeling just to the northwest of Kahana. Follow the main highway around to the west and north past Kapalua. You will see a couple of pull offs and a bay. If the water conditions are good, you will see fantastic coral formations along with a wide variety of tropical fish, turtles, etc. This is probably some of the best snorkeling from the shore that I have seen!

9. Maui Ocean Center - If you have kids, or even if you don't, go see the Maui Ocean Center. It is a great aquarium with exhibits of all the local fishes along with a wide variety of sharks! It is reasonably priced and very entertaining!

There are many more things to do in Maui and I have just shared a few. If you are interested in more info, you can email me direct at sdfhou@aol.com.

Thanks, Steve