Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Woodstone Meadows vs. Casa de Campo (by Brian F.):

traceyt15 wrote:
Hello, I sell timeshare at Massanutten. The Casa de Campo is a gold crown facility. It actually is a great buy at the resort. It trades just like the bigger woodstone units and has less maintainance fees. You will love this luxurious unit!

Hi -- actually we did *not* love it. It was not luxurious at all!!! Despite being brand new, it is cheaply made and cheaply furnished and I don't think it will hold up with regular use. We could hear every word uttered in the unit next door because the walls were so thin. Our unit had ants in the kitchen and bathroom. It had a very odd smell the entire week we there, like old cooking smells. The furnishings and fixtures (carpet, cabinets, flooring, decorations) are cheap, cheap, cheap. It is a long way from the recreation center, so I had to drive my girls back and forth to every activity. To be honest, we were very disappointed with our unit and our entire stay at Massanutten. It has been overdeveloped with too many timeshares without the infrastructre to support the number of guests. Water park -- crowded and expensive. 30 minute wait in a chaotic line for check-in. Classes and activities booked up far in advance, even though we called to schedule them the day we checked in. Everything was charged a fee. Inconsistent policies regarding showing ID, as well as what is charged a fee and what isn't. Everything is spread out and requires a lot of driving and parking (a contrast to our home resorrt where we enjoy walking around the resort). We attended a magic show one night ($10 per person) and had to get there 90 minutes before show time to get in line to get a seat. Live and learn ... I'm sure other people think that it is fabulous, but we won't be back.