maintenance fees

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: maintenance fees (by Zezee H.):

I just bought here too and I did my homework for MONTHS first and watched several sell while I kept looking. Finally I bit when I found what I was looking for at the price I was looking for. It is true that Starwood has the worst MF's of all the major timeshare companies and we need to do something about that! But on the flip if you compair Harborside where daily admission to Atlantis is included to Disney where you purchase seperatly.........Disney is way more expensive and their fees keep going up too! You should expect a $100 yearly increse every year if you buy here. I don't agree at all with the poster who says only 3% of timeshare owners can sell theirs............I believe only 3% of people who bought from the developer can/will sell b/c they have high mortgages and the resell market is less then 1/2 the developer buy in price even lower in this ecenomy. So those people often can't afford to sell a 60K timeshare they still owe on for $25K! They would have to pay big bucks to get rid of it. Better to keep is especially Harborside that rents easily for more then the MF even in a bad economy. Like trish88 said...........buy resale and you really lose nothing!!! Just great cheap family vacations for as long as you like using it then resell it again for about the same as you paid for it. I even talked to a lady that bought two Marriotts 11 years ago resale in CA and they now sell for a few thousand more then her buy in price and this ecenomy sucks!!!!! So some places even make money over time if you bought resale to begain with. Now that Starwood changed the deposit terms with II and Starwood gets to pick the weeks that II gets and weeks the owners booked............guess what........only really off season weeks are showing up. Lots of Jan. when the water/weather is really still too cold for most unless you are from up north and don't mind that. So it will be hard if not impossible to get to Harborside in any good weather weeks. I would watch out for Sept. like one person said was great............I would go last min. then no problem, but way in advance is iffy b/c that is huricane season and you don't know what the weather will be like. May is probably best. Oh, and my MF's for a three bedroom phase II were $2550+185 ($2735) for 2010 some special fee this year it looks like.......couldn't really figure out what exactly it was......I think collecting for delinquent accounts, but that seems bogus b/c they can easily rent these for more then the MF's and do all the time!!! Do we ever really know what it is we are paying for exactly??? It is hard to figure that one out! Someone who cares more then me can research that.