Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Interval International / (by Kathleen C.):

HI,

I know you said you have a certain time frame but times when you can be flexable you can trade a honda for a BMW. I was told from II that everyone has the same trading power within 59 days of travel date. I'm not completely sure I believe that but I have seen better resorts come up in that short time period. ANother way to get exactly what you want is to pick three very nice resorts with one date (week) and do not add another lower tiered resort. If you can be a little flexable only add the resort you really really want but add 3 different weeks to it and sit tight for 6 months and wait. If you are 18 months out you have the time to play that game. Have fun with it and get on the computer every morning to see what's new and you might fall into something you just love. If you do find a resort that way you can put it on hold for so many hours to check it out further here or somewhere else.(use the next year week to hold it so you do not lose your spot in line for the good one your on the waiting list for.) If you want to have it on hold longer ask to speak to a manager since they can hold a resort for you up to 3 days which will give you plenty of time to research it to make sure it's as nice as you think. If that resort you found looks good than take the one you have on the waiting list off and use that one for the final trade. Doing it this way does not hurt your next year timeshare it's only being used for a day or so to hold a resort in your name without pulling you out of line. Some II personal have problems doing this since it's confusing to them so just ask to have a manager switch which one you are going to use to trade after you decided. ALso a lot of II personal do not know there is a rating system for each resort. If the first one insists there is not hang up and call back so you get a different rep. The resorts are rated on so many things and I"ve found any resort rated 90-92% satisfaction usually is a great resort. Find out what they were rated low on and what they had the best overall rating on which also helps. I've always gotten what I wanted (except I wasn't told about major construction next door once :o( ) with the waiting list but again I always start very early in my search. Good luck. K