Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ka'anapali Beach Owners Check Here (by Brien B.):

OK, I am not an attorney, but my sister is, and I am pretty good at legallese.

First, the proxy ballot states; " If a completed ballot is submitted with your proxy, the proxy holder will vote in accordance with the ballot on issues presented in the ballot".

Point one; The elections are issues and they are presented on the ballot. Point two; "will" in this case, is a directive, and is not open to negotiation. Point three; This statement is simple, clear, and straight forward. It is not open to interpretation. At least not without breaking the contract (law).

Second, the proxy states; "If I/we do not designate candidates below, I/we hereby authorize my/our proxy to vote as he/she may determine.

This statement reinforces the previous one. The only way the proxy can vote as they wish is if there is no candidate designated on the ballot.

The only way they can prevail is if we argue the point to long and do not submit our votes prior to one second before midnight on the 22nd. Decide what you are going to do and get them in on time!

As far as internet voting, I am no expert, but I actually trust it more. Why? because it is administered by what looks to be an independant third party. (check out their web site at smartinfo.us) It might be a little harder for DRI to alter the votes if there is a third party keeping records of the votes submitted. Just a thought for what it's worth.

Last point, why are we voting for Kirkpatrick and Woodford? Because someone suggested them as appearing to be legitimate owners not on the payroll of DRI and no one has found any information to the contrary. We are all pretty much guessing at this point and they sound like as good of a guess as anyone else listed. And finally, if we do not all stick together with our votes we can be assured that DRI will reinstall their yes men on the board.

Remember, the votes and proxy must be DELIVERED (not postmarked, but received) by the 22nd. That means that if you haven't voted yet your only option is via the internet. You cannot overnight to a P.O. Box.