Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Ka'anapali Beach Owners Check Here (by Gary B.):

michaeld414 wrote:
dann1904 wrote:
My concern is not just the increasing maintenance fees, but future assessments, such as what has happened at the Point at Poipu.

It will happen, DRI will continue selling points in these resorts and never disclose potential problems, so you are buying into these resorts blind.. All of these facilities will eventually need nmajor upgrades...

I own quite a few weeks at Kaanapali Beach Club and just left there. In fact, I just bought another week, but not from DRI. I like most everything about the resort and the entire staff is doing a fabulous job. They are very attentive and ongoing improvements at the resort are almost too numerous to mention. Even though DRI can pretty much put anyone on the board, they see that owners have representation. If you think that Ron Wade and Larry Woodard were elected by the owners only, think again. Noone can ever predict with certainty that there will not be any future special assessments, but personally I have enough faith in the current General Manager, whom I have got to know personally, that if there was a looming such assessment, he would not try and hide it. So far, reserves are healthy and enough to complete the improvements without the need for a special assessment. I am not here to say that the sales dept. won't tell you anything to get you to buy, I am just saying that I believe the staff, from the GM on down is solid and so is the property. As for the fiasco as Poipu, I honestly don't understand why it happened and I am just glad that it had very little impact on me. I feel very sorry for the many owners that were slammed by the cost!!