Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ka'anapali Beach Owners Check Here (by Julie O.):

We are original owners from Embassy days and own 2 weeks deluxe ocean view. We were at KBC in August. Had to fight to get and ocean front unit even though we booked 13 months out. Eventually got what we wanted. As original owners we are just a nuisance to Diamond whose goal is to own the entire resort and of course oversell it! We found out that Diamond has been buying back any original owner resales and now owns 49% of the resort. I am trying to get my head around how they appear to be able to use 100% of the resort. Or at least nearly all the Deluxe Ocean View units. Points people can save up their points and then get upgraded which then pushes us original owners out of our rooms. Since we bought Deluxe Ocean View category has increased to Include the whole Aloha Tower. Diamond also has expanded their Hawaii Collection to include a lot more resorts so we are now battling against a lot more people just to get what we own. Diamond is like a computer virus. They infiltrate and take over unless you do what they want, e.g. Put your unit on the market so they can buy it back and make even more money. The salesman once told us that to change our weeks to points was going to cost us $30,000. Then we would not be Platinum only gold. We told him that was more than we paid for 1 week 15 years ago and by that reckoning One of our weeks would be worth $40,000 at least. Needless to say we did not buy. Diamond has taken the fun out of going to KBC. They don't even treat their own members well. We met people who own with them and were being housed in Ka'anapali Shores next door. As I said before Diamonds whole goal is to get the original owners to see for pennies on the dollar!