Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ka'anapali Beach Owners Check Here (by Kristen K.):

Like you, we bought from Embassy. We also bought from Sunterra, which got us into points. So we are an anomaly in that we are deeded AND points, which drives DRI nuts. They don't want any deeded owners because we prevent them from overselling completely. And like you, we bought because this resort was the only place we wanted to go. Even though we don't trade or use the "benefits" we still have to pay club fees to access those benefits. In June we decided to go on a cruise with friends next February and thought we would use the airfare benefit - oops, can't use it after May 31. And waiting until January is too close to the February trip.

It seems that there must be something that can be filed with the State of Hawai'i attorney general regarding these deceptive practices. I believe Hawai'i made it illegal to pressure for a sale by saying "this offer goes away after today." DRI tells you the outrageous amount and then when you refuse it's "oh wait - we found this offer from XX Date that you never signed to reject - you have until the next visit to decide, which is now." And of course it's a lower offer. Getting around the law that way seems to be, well, illegal.

I think I've run for the Board every year - no acknowledgment, no outcome reported. It's a good old boys group. Whenever I walk by people who are touring I want to say "DON'T DO IT!!!!" We need an attorney to weigh in on this.