Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Maintenance fees (by Dan R.):

timn122 wrote:
I am also a deeded owner from 2000 and am very concerned about the potential for special assessments or a drastic increase in maintenance fees, due to the beach eroision. Am considering selling, at a reduced cost, because of this. Would appreciate hearing from other owners in similar situations. Diamond keeps trying to get me to convert from weeks to points, but I don't plan on doing so.

Hi Tim, we also bought one deeded week of a one bedroom ocean view about 2000-2001 timeframe and I am really unhappy about the increase in maintenance fees, particularly over the last several years. We got to KBC yesterday and they had us to a "VIP check-in" which just meant it was a high pressure sales pitch for us to convert our deeded week to the points system which I have no intention of doing so. I have done research today and found that there are probably a LOT of other KBC owners who are not happy either. Here is my contact info - let's compare notes. Dan Roth, cell: (805)368-1500, DanRoth911@aol.com