Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Dropping of Marriott to VRI (by Carvan A.):

stephen61 wrote:
I just spoke to the Marriott general manager at the resort and found out tht Birch does have elevators. Did not realize that. However, she told me that elevators were not a pre-condition for their continue acceptance as a manager. Relative to Aspen, they unfortunately have a screwed up fee system which doesn't allocate according to seasons (as Cedar does). Marriott doesn't allocate by seasons either.

Don't take my word for it. Call the general manager for VRI and you will learn that Aspen does allocate the maintenance fee according to seasons. For example, a ski week at Aspen (1br 3bath loft) is about a $1,000 more than for a red summer week for a comparable unit.

As for whether or not the lack of elevators was a factor in Marriott not renewing the Cedar contract is purely speculative. I doubt that the Marriott general manager at Streamside was even involved in the negotiations with the Cedar HOA and her/his opinion is based purely on hearsay.