Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Dream Travel Condos anyone? (by Tonya W.):

In response to Casey's post above, Casey signed an agreement at booking which stated that the resort names uploaded on the wholesale system the week prior to arrival which would be this week. He had a confirmation letter in hand stating that same fact. He emailed yesterday ( on Sunday) and then again before 9am this morning) and very rudely demanded that I force an automated system to have his name in by 5pm today or he would contact his credit card company and dispute his charge. I again reminded him about the terms which he signed off on at booking, asked him to review his agreement and confirmation letter which stated the terms, and he again stated he would be initiating the chargeback this evening because I could not push an automated system. I told him that I would save him the time and the headache of that because anyone who has ever disputed a charge knows that it takes up to 75 days to receive a credit and many times then if there is a rental agreement the card company would side with the booking office. I had no intention of keeping his money if he was unhappy. If he was so adamant about getting his money back I certainly did not want to deal with the issue of him being even more upset for 75 days during this dispute period so within the hour of his last demanding email this morning, I refunded him what he paid in full. Many new clients believe that once they sign a contract that somewhere along the way the terms of that contract change. They do not- it does not matter who you are, what threat you make, or anything else. Those terms stay the same and that is why we disclose them at booking. I run a business, a very successful one and have for over 10 years. I have a 90% return ratio of repeat clients who are very pleased. Time and experience has shown me that you cannot please everyone. Casey contacted me on a Sunday and was upset that I did not respond that day. I explained to him Sundays are my family time, my worship time, and a day that I set aside that I try not to work as any normal person does, especially one like myself who in busy season works some days 16-18 hours per day. As for the full voicemail, any given week I have upwards of 20 or more checkins. I take 20-40 new bookings each week . I have over 3000 clients of my own and book for over 20 travel clubs, so yes at times the voicemail gets full and certainly does quickly on weekends and Monday mornings. Most clients who initiate contact via email maintain contact via email as that seems to be their method of choice and due to the volume of bookings I do, it certainly is my preferred method as well. I responded to every single one of Casey's emails that he has sent since booking. I actually went back into my sent email folder and counted my replies sent since he booked and there are 17 outgoing emails to his that he sent me. I don't think that constitutes poor customer service. Like I said, everyone cannot be pleased so rather than rely on one or 2 disappointed people, I choose to focus on the thousands I have booked for and continue to book for that come back year and year and appreciate my services.