Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it. (by Irene P.):

SellMyTimeshareNow is a listing/advertising company. They tend to inflate the price of a timeshare to justify their listing fee. I spoke with one of their agents a few days ago. He refunded a listing fee of $1598 to list a studio timeshare. The owner said the SMTN representative suggested a listing price of $6995. If they did suggest a listing price, that would violate a Florida statute, because suggesting a listing price requires a real estate license. I had the timeshare owner contact a member of the Licensed Timeshare Resale Broker Association (LTRBA). The LTRBA member said he would list the studio timeshare for $1500 but she would be lucky to break even after commission and transfer fees, IF sold. Licensed brokers charge nothing upfront. I then contacted another LTRBA member I know. He asked what the first LTRBA broker had been smoking. He said would not want the listing, but said $100 to $500 is what he would suggest. When presented with this information, SMTN refunded the listing fee. Call a LTRBA member to see if a timeshare is worth listing. https://www.licensedtimeshareresalebrokers.org/