Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it. (by R P.):

LOL Bruce, that's because the word is getting out on Redweek concerning scams related to timesharing such as upfront fee resale companies. Upfront fee resale companies are becoming desperate to snag the next victim (that's why she lowered her selling price to $100 as that's $100 in her pocket for doing nothing).

Thousands of people are becoming timeshare educated due to Redweek's forums .... kudos to Redweek.

bruce727 wrote:
Sadly enough I've resorted to actually taking the semi-weekly calls from the "resellers" and allowing them to ramble-on with that old familiar sales pitch (that I am finally immune to) and request for money upfront... merely for entertainment purposes! I need to get a different hobby...

I let 'em waste time on me so they can't get very many other calls completed that evening. One desperate sounding caller haggled with me to get a sale and lowered her $499 fee down to a hundred bucks.

Another frustrated caller said (after several minutes of rambling on)"apparently we can't see eye to eye..." I couldn't resist that one. My reply: "this is a telephone, isn't it?"...

Maybe if I do this a few more times that industry will put me on THEIR "do not call" list... ;-)