Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it. (by Mary D.):

amyv41 wrote:
tanyap28 wrote:
Hi Amy,

What exactly do you mean by "timeshare scam" is it a real ownership, or is it a non exsiting resort? I am very interested in your experience, as we were sold the weeks, but we can use them ourselves, though weeks meant to re-sold for some profit... Though I/ve heard that some companies will sell annual "membership", but in fact just pocketed the money and disappeared in 2 weeks.

I worked for a resell scam. They simply take your money and you get nothing but a contract stating that they will advertise only on the Internet on their very low grade web sites.

========= Let's please not give the impression that anyone in timeshares is a scammer. It is a real for sure industry and has very real property and services. I am one of those idiots who buy from the developer because I know for sure who he is and can question the salepeople face to face and see the property. Do they get paid to do their job? Sure. Don't you?

It seems to be the telephone guys that you really need to be wary of. They call all the time, offering to sell or rent my timeshares--for an up-front fee to advertise. (That is what they say the fee is for and that makes it hard to argue if you pay and nothing results.) MD