Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Say what? (by KC):

roxannel15 has stated in relevant part: >> My father told me about his friend who had an RCI timeshare that he stopped making the $80 monthly maintenance fees on because he had a stroke and he was financially strapped with medical bills. RCI didn't care about his health, and they calously came after him legally for the money and ruined his credit. << ===============================================

I have no use for RCI, personally, but with due respect I must point out and clarify that RCI is just an exchange and rental company (...more rental than exchange these days, according to some). RCI does not actually own or manage any resorts and, accordingly, RCI does not and cannot collect (or ever attempt to collect) maintenance fees from anyone at any time under any circumstances.

The situation you describe above sounds truly unfortunate, but it most certainly was not RCI which "came after" anyone. All RCI has the right, option, or ability to ever do is cancel an exisitng membership in their particular exchange company --- no more and no less.