Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it. (by Beck):

Hi JayJay,

I'm comparing the concept that newspapers offer classifieds which you must pay in advance and have no guarantee of selling your item. You said "... that's been reiterated over and over in these forums you should NOT ever pay an UPFRONT FEE." You didn't specify never pay hundreds to thousands - you said never. You also didn't say depending on the up front fee and the company's reputation or ability to provide verifiable evidence why their fee is justified. I am merely saying that while there are a lot of scams, there are also valid up front fee companies. Since these valid companies function very similar to a newspaper classified, it's not the dollar amount that matters, it is the volume of inquiries and bookings you achieve for the money you spend.

I know it is very difficult to determine the difference between a scam and a valid listing company. Please evaluate the company, do not believe any extravagent claims made by the sales reps. Please be careful about the contract agreement you enter into. But still be willing to admit there are valid companies charging up front fees. Perhaps when they charge too much money it is better to say they charge more than you are willing to pay, regardless of what they might be able to do for you.