Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it. (by South T.):

I am going to tell my story. Company for Corporate Acquisitions from las vegas called this evening offering me 20000 dollars for my 124.000 EOY points at Bonnet Creek. Told me I was number 118 of a lot of 120 people needed to sell 7.5 million dollars worth of inventory to corporate buyers. They wanted 2038.00 (10%) fulling refundable deposit. After telling "David Richard" I would have to get a loan for the deposit, I told him I would get back to him. However, after stating I was skeptical about his offer being a scam I asked for some references (knowing full well these were either ficticious or paid referrals). I then called back a few minutes later to verify the number was legit. I immediately googled the company and found them on Ripoff Report and then found this site. After only reading page 1 of 21 it was then I decided that the game would begin. I called back an hour later and said, "I am sorry but all I can come up with is 1300.00 (didnt want to lowball from the start and insult the fella) and I know thats not enough to cover the deposit. (Money is real tough to come by) He then proceeded to tell me that we may be able to work something out. I told him, "hold on, I've got another call" and hung up on him. I then sat for the next 30 minutes devising my next plan of attack. One of his references was from Quebec and the other in Phoenix. I called "David Steele" in Phoenix and had a 45 minute conversation with him. He had nothing but good things to say about Mr Richard and he sold 700,000 point in Kona Hawaii for 100,000 dollars for a 10,000 dollar deposit. I apologized many times for asking so many questions to him and that I was skeptical. I then asked him what I should do. Should I pass on an opportunity of a lifetime or wait an undetermined amount of time in hopes I would be called again for the "next round". I told him I would have to take out a loan. He said do whatever I had to do, rob peter to pay paul, etc. I again told him of my skepticism and stated that people who take advantage of others should be shot (Hey, I'm from Texas). He agreed 100%. I ended the phone call with a "Thank you" and a "God Bless You". Ater that conversation I called Mr Richard back and got back to the 1300.00 question. He proceeded to tell me "normally" the lowest they would go is 1500.00 but he would "go out on a limb and take my 1300 offer" I told him I didnt want to get him in trouble or anything and he said he would take the hit for me (what a man!) I then said I did not get paid until next Thursday and would probably have to take out a loan. He then asked CAN I HAVE IT TO HIM BY 2pm TOMORROW. Guy moves fast. I ended the conversation by saying I would get back to him tomorrow. So, either this game is gonna continue or they've got people reading this site and they know exactly who I am and wont respond tomorrow. Either way it was a blast and I encourage others to do the same and if any one wants to play here is the # (702) 879 9330 and just say you are interested in selling your TS. Be creative and have fun and take up their time to keep them from scamming others. Only do this if youve got free long distance. I will update tomorrow with the conclusion.