Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it. (by Don P.):

Of course the entire timeshare industry is a scam. Why do you think they sell these products to unsuspecting victims who are enjoying a state of euphoria while they are on vacation. The industry spends millions of dollars researching how to wear their victims down by keeping them hostage at a presentation with the promise of gifts if they don't walk out. If they tried to sell this product on the open market they would be out of business the first week.

That sets the stage for these scam operations to prey on people who are desperate to get out of their contracts. I'll will repeat this phrase forever: NEVER pay anyone money who claims the can get you out of your contract. Make some phone calls to your home resort and " tell " them that you are going to get the property out of your name with or without their assistance and that it is in their best interest to work with you. I did that in 2011 and got rid of two timeshares through " deed backs " without paying a scam company a penny. It was quick and inexpensive and I had the comfort of dealing directly with the home resort and I wasn't worried about losing my money to scammers.