Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it. (by Lance C.):

markl18 wrote:
At the end of five years you would have spent about $4000 on maintenance fees. Your total sunk cost for five weeks of vacation -- purchase price plus maintenance -- would be about $6500 for 35 nights or about $185 a night. Is that a "good deal" or not? You decide.

For some, that is a good deal. For others, mmmm, not so much. In the Orlando area, you can get a decent motel/hotel room for $75. True, you don't get the laundry, bedrooms, kitchens, or resort facilities. But is all that worth an extra $110 per night? Some say Yes and some say No. For me, it's a big, fat NO!

Many hotels/motels will include a simple, continental breakfast. Then, if you are out for the day at, say, a theme park, you will likely buy lunch there. Then, when you get back to your lodging (whether it's a timeshare or hotel), you're probably too tired to cook so likely it's buy some cheap fast food somewhere. Besides, what percent of vacationers want to cook while on vacation?

And then, even if you do want to stay in a timeshare, often you can rent from an existing owner for less than the maintenance fees and there's no buy-in price. But then, hey, there are many timeshare owners who are happy with what they own and make good use of them.