Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Recent Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta purchase at resort ? Anybody have some good/bad things to say about Mayan Palaces ?? (by Sheila G.):

I thank you Orvillef for replying to my concern. We still think we made a great purchase, but you have made me aware that we have to pay for our 2 original purchased weeks maint. fees. We were lead to believe (of course the salesman wasn't that clear I guess) that if we did not use any of the weeks we were free to go. We just had to inform them by Oct. 1st of every year if we were not going to use them. So another words I'm in the process of renting out my weeks, and what I should do is obviously rent out our original 2 weeks first and if we want to use a week, we should use the Vacation Fair weeks, would that be a fair assumption?? I did understand the x-tra maint. fee every 5 yrs & 5 every 25 yrs. But what I'm trying to do is rent enough of the weeks in a 5 yr. period to collect at least that x-tra maint fee amount. We'll see if that actually will pan out for us. But in 25 yrs., I'll be 70 & my husband 73, who knows what we'll do then !!!! But thanks again for your reply, it makes me feel much better knowing that other owners are comfortable with their purchase like we are :))