Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: QUESTION FOR ALL RESALE OWNERS OF MAUI OCEAN CLUB (by Linda D.):

We went through a presentation a few weeks ago at Ko Olina on Oahu and we happened to mention that we were considering resale. Our sales person told us that not only were they (Marriott Vacation Club) considering reducing the advance time that resale owners could make reservations giving regular owners more time but that if you owned a 2 bedroom lockoff unit, they were considering not allowing resale owners to utilize the lockoff feature. I have not called Owner Services but that is a good suggestion. I did ask a timeshare real estate person about the lockoff situation and he said there is no way they could do that because it is written in the deed that way which is a legally binding contract. I too believe these are sales tactics and pretty appalling ones at that. I am an owner (not resale) at Kauai and am considering Ko Olina. I bought a resale from Hilton and learned my lesson - that resale is the only way to go.