Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Resinding within 5 days in Mexico (by Jo ann R.):

kekouri wrote:
Joann:

Is there any information in your contract as to how to recind the pruchase? If not, Mexican law was broken, and you will probably be let out of the contract. Did they make you initial any parts of the recision section, if they had it in the contract.

In nearly all cases, the steps you took above were wrong. The direction usually state they you must notify the company in writing via US postal service*, in registered or certified letter with return receipt request postmarked no more than five days of the contract date.

Some may say an express agency may also be used (like fedex) but always us the US post office as well. It will hold up in court if need be.

E Mail, telephone calls, don't stop the process and time limit. I hope this helps others, too.

As for info on the internet.....much is written of the Mexican T/S problems, only be be removed when the OP who started the web site is let 100% out of the deal, and is told part of the payback is the removal of their negative (but informative) web site....which, of course, no longer warns others.

As Gin has told you, Profeco has helped many others....in the past...curenntly, their English website can't be found by me, but I did find a translation on the timeshare beat website. Go there if you cant find the English & need it.

HELLO, actually there was no "receission" letter in our packet to initial, the reps just told us we had a 5 day period to cancel, after 5 days we would be charged for advertising, commissions, this that, etc...., however we finally got a partial refund of $3,939.52 on july 4, a difference of $1,282.44, we have emailed there company and asked for an itemized statement for these charges. you know they did give us bracelets for food and drink, one set for going to the meeting, plus city tours, and one set for the afternoon that we were leaving, we certainly did not eat that much food. anyways, if you have more info let me know. thanks.