Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Differences between new Marriott Lahaina tower and Original villas (by Jeff M.):

barbarak156 wrote:
I'm trying to decide between buying the new Marriott Lahaina Tower or the original Marriott Maui Ocean club units.

I notice in some listings that the older units say they are 2 bedrooms/3 baths, with other saying 2/2. Which is it, two or three bathrooms? I understand the older units are converted hotel rooms, but I know they've been updated and may be more spacious than the Lahaina towers.

Are the views (I want mountain) better in the old or the new towers? Any other things I should think about?

Thanks in advance!

the original building shoud have 3 bathrooms. 1 in each bedroom and 1 in the main room. the garden views may be better in the original building. in the newer building some of the garden views overlook the parking lot of the hyatt next door. i have an ocean view in the orig building and a garden view in the new building.

the newer building has washer and dryer inside the unit. the unit is very nice. full kitchen.

it all comes down to $$ and do you want a full kitchen. we like the option of cooking to minimize our expenses.

good luck!!