Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Land Purchase - Owner Assessment (by Dave H.):

We are in the middle of closing a purchase here, our extended family has another unit as well but it seems like everyone is uncertain as to what the "change" means. At time of sale, we were told just the maintenance fee is due every year, that is the annual commitment. Now we have the lease buy out which fair enough is only for a ten year period and will go away, but also CR is not including property tax in the meintenance fee anymore and we have to pay that as an extra as well. Essentially our annual commitment has almost doubled from what we were told during the sale process to now. Sure we are told we got a "good" deal on the unit, but as mentioned earlier, for the cost of maintenance fee's I can rent a unit and not be out of pocket long term. We really enjoy this resort but now I wonder if this "fun" get away location will be worth the cost. If anyone has any other thoughts, please let me know.