Sunterra timeshares

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Sunterra timeshares (by MaryLou E.):

kimm112 wrote:
I am sorry but with all due respect to MaryLou, orvillef2 has made some valid points. My husband and I purchased a resale at Sunterra Poipu Point 1 year ago, recommended by friends. We are owners at Marriott Newport coast and just purchased at Maui Marriott, which we should have from the very beginning. Sunterra invited us to a 90 minute presentation while we were staying there this past summer. The packages they were trying to sell us to convert were outrageous. We declined of course, as we just had purchased the timeshare. When we returned home we had salespeople calling trying to sell the cheapest packages which were the $2995 deal. We can rent a place at Sunterra for a reasonable price. Getaways at Interval run cheaper than the yearly $999. maintenance fees that the resort charges. May I add that there was not one umbrella at the Poipu Point location while we were there. Sunterra also informed us that we would not be able to put this up with Interval due to that it was a resale. We called Interval and they gladly accepted our location in Hawaii. We did not have to purchase any points. We will just have the Interval fee when we trade.