Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: What is the value of an RCI point? (by Mike N.):

ken1193 wrote:
mackf4 has apparently learned that RCI is often not particularly helpful, responsive or informative --- often not even being remotely correct in phone rep answers. Welcome to RCI, Mack. ;-)

Mike1536 has offered you his assistance in RCI Points. I can tell you from my own personal experience that you would be well served to take him up on that offer. He is a knowledgeable fellow in this particular area and he has no sub-agenda (or any RCI affiliation). While I did not precisiely follow his same path (resort wise) when I entered into RCI Points, Mike's honest and accurate input helped me make much better informed decisions (and saved me some money too) when I first entered into RCI Points after many years of only "weeks" ownership and experience. I offer this feedback (with no encouragement from or consent of Mike himself) because on the Internet, ANY fool with a keyboard can offer advice, input, opinions --- quite often completely unencumbered by any actual knowledge, current information, or personal experience on the subject matter. Accordingly, you really have to separate the wheat from the chaff in order to make wise decisions. Mike's input on RCI Points is wheat --- no chaff. My advice is to ask him questions and listen to and learn from his answers.

======== Thanks for the compliment Ken. But fellow posters, if you see a discrepancy, please mention it. I've found some very good information being passed by various people such as Ken, Phil, Jayjay, the RedWeek Staff and others. It would be a shame to perpetuate any misinformation.