Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: belaire golf resort and spa (by Paul C.):

I contacted PROFECO over 2 years ago in attempt to recover my losses with Belaire. This Mexican agency that was created to protect the consumer is a complete joke and embarrassment! It is sad to say, that all is true about the corruption in Mexico. I have attached the final correspondence for all others to read. This comes after the 5th scheduled meeting with Belaire/Hotel U staff in which they didn't show up. The only action now is to pursue the Mexican courts in a Class Action Suit against these fraudulent criminals.

Regarding your complaint against RESORTS INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION, S DE RL DE CV, we would like to inform you that during the last hearing, the legal representative of the company did not appear. For this reason, suppliers were fined for not appearing even though they were notified properly; the amount of the fine was for the amount of $12,000 pesos. In this regard, we would like to inform you that this authority does not collect the fines, since it is a faculty of the local authorities where each provider is located.

We want to inform you that since the conciliation procedure has reached its limit and the company has not appeared to the hearings in which they were notified, your file was closed as a concluded matter and your rights were left intact in case you decide to take the matter before the Mexican Tribunals, the above in accordance with the article 116 of the Federal Consumer Protection.

Thanks,

Jorge Pérez ESQ.

Department of Conciliation

Services for Foreign Residents