Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Tips on getting the week you want (by Carol S.):

The reason is that Pueblo Bonito has a company they contract to for the owners to put their weeks into if they want to rent them out. This company in turn has a tourist fair that all the companies like Expedia etc come too and buy thiese weeks from this company. Now if your week does not get bought up to rent, then this company puts the weeks into your RCI account. The resort mis represents themselves when they tell their owners about this program and make ridiculas claims on how much money you will make in rent. The company is a good company and honest one in telling us that we will be lucky to see our maintence by the time the cut is done. So, I use redweek to rent out my week.

So in short the inventory Expedia etc has is separate than what the resort has. Also, the resort has a all inclusive program that non owners can book off of the resort site that is the air, hotel, meals etc in one like any other all inclusive you book. I am not sure, but I think it is a company that is contracted by the resort to book the all inclusive. There is even an toll free number, but if you and I as a owner want to make a resevation at the resort, we have to call the resort and no toll free number for owners.

. The resort also keeps a an inventory of the spots for their all inclusive section too. The owners can book the all inclusive optional meal and drink plan through the resort.

I have done the same as you, called the all inclusive, and looked on expedia and found avail, but the resort will say no avail. I really do not know the ratio of owner avail to the other inventory groups.

Feb is a very prime month to try and get time. Booking a year ahead is helpful like you did. It is difficult to change the time quite often especially in Feb, Jan is not too bad, and later in Mar.

I hope this was helpful.