Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: WHERE CAN WE GO TO GET FREE LEGAL ADVICE ON DUMPING TIMESHARES? (by Josephine C.):

What happens if you tried to settle with the resort and they refuse? My ex and I stopped paying the MF on our deeded timeshare a few years ago, and the resort turned it over to a collection agency. We worked with the agent on a settlement for the resort to take the unit back through a deed-in-lieu, but then at the last minute, the resort changed their minds. Since they refused to work with us, I told the agent that they would not be getting one red cent from us ever again. Now, I get the MF bills from the resort twice a year, which I ignore, and the agency attempts to contact me a couple of times a year. Each time I tell them that because the resort refused to work with us, we are not paying them anything.

The thing is though, I don't think the deed was actually transferred into our names. We got paperwork to make the transfer once we paid it off, but by then we were getting divorced and the paperwork got lost in the shuffle, so I don't actually have any deed to this TS, and we were never notified that the resort made the transfer themselves. I just want this to go away--we never actually used the timeshare and I don't want to keep paying MF on something that I get no value out of.