Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com (by Tkhalaska):

I am leaving my feedback from the perspective of a potential buyer: I am interested in a specific resort in Las Vegas, weeks 1-8 or floating. I put in an inquiry at SMTN. I inquired on buyer and seller splitting the cost of closing fees, which were in excess of $1500. I got an immediate reply that the seller had a better offer, someone who was going to pay all closing. It is now 6 months later and the listing is still up, so I sent in another inquiry in case the sale did not go through, there has been no rely to that inquiry. I also put in another offer on the same timeshare/weeks from a different seller. Again, I also proposed splitting the closing costs with the seller. I got a reply from SMTN that decreasing or sharing of closing costs was not an option. In the second listing, there was a statement that a "2016 banked week is included with the sale". It is now 2021, and it is hard for me to believe that someone who has listed their TS for 5 years would not be amenable to sharing the closing costs which would be around $750 for each party.

Sellers beware that not only will you be paying very hefty upfront fees to SMTN you likely be led to believe that your timeshare is worth more that it really is. I also believe that SMTN does not communicate with sellers that a buyer has requested splitting the closing fees and that a seller may think a buyer wasn't serious or that an offer wasn't credible when in fact it is SMTN not being willing to negotiate on closing costs that is the real reason some sales aren't happening.