Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com (by Paul H.):

Friends,

I own a timeshare and am seriously considering how best to sell it. In reading this thread I am struck by some thoughts. 1) Sellmytimesharenow is really just advertising sites that agrees to post your ad, try to get people to look at it, then route any questions or offers to you that may come in. 2) You can't hire a real estate agent to sell your time share for $500, but you can advertise it for that. 3) These Sellmytimeshare people will act as your real estate agent and take payment AFTER the sale if you want them to. They take a commision just like any other real estate broker would and its more like $1,500.

So here is what I don't get. All the people complaining on this site do not seem to understand the difference in what they asked this company to do. If you ask them to advertise your timeshare as a FSBO for $500, why do you fel they are obligated to act like a real estate agent that should be paid a significant commission? Is this just a group of cheap people looking to hire an agent but not pay for agent services? They offer a traditional deal to be paid a commission after the sale, but you chose not to sign up for that, because you are trying to pay the price for one thing, then complain that you did not get something else entirely.

To put $500 in perspective, I just sold the family house in Florida. As the house was going up for sale, one of the neighbors was interested in the house and made an offer before we signed up the real estate agent. Since I live in Michigan and needed someone to handle the sale, I asked the agent to handle it for a simple transaction fee. The agent handled all the paperwork, closing, etc and I had their bond to back up that this would all be done properly. I agreed to pay them $2,500 for their serivces. I checked with our atorney in the area and it was not really any cheaper. This is called a market rate for serives.

The point is that you get what you pay for. If you think you are paying sellmytimeshare to be a real estate agent for $500, you do not understand what things cost. If you get that you are paying $500 to ADVERTISE your time share on a WEBSITE and get some help in fielding offers, then you get it. You just have to decide what this is worth to you. If you want them to advertise it, pay the $500. If you want them to be your agent pay the commission.

Paul