RCI Points

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: RCI Points (by Mike N.):

michael3567 wrote:
I am a current weeks member with RCI. I was told by an RCI representative that in order to become an RCI Points member, I needed to purchase a points resort. I have now done so and wanted to know if as a new RCI Points member which covers weeks also, can I take my banked weeks and convert them to points with RCI so I can trade them for either a points or weeks resort within RCI or do I have to bank the weeks initially each year as points when I bank them. My resort automatically banks my unit as weeks once I book the week I am slotted for. I now have two weeks for 2007 and 2008 banked with RCI because my Massanutten Woodstone Deluxe unit banks as two seperate units and I get two weeks each year trading within RCI by banking each unit as a week.
============== That's a good question for the RCI rep. I'm guessing RCI will not give you points for weeks already banked, BUT there is no harm in asking.

For future reference, unless the resort can automatically deposit them in your POINTS account, you'll want to tell your resort NOT to bank your weeks with RCI. Book the week as you normally do, then call RCI to deposit it in your account. This way you control when the transaction takes place. You may want rent out your unit one year. I assume the unit is a lock-off. If so you'll want to deposit each lock-off separately. You'll get more points than depositing them together.

Did they tell you how many points you can get for you deposits? If not there is a guide on the RCI website which you can use to figure it out.