Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Ownership Transfer (by KC):

deborahc163 wrote:
I have a TS in Florida and I live in PA. If I get a buyer for my unit how do I make the transaction - who should handle this for me? Help is needed.

Thanks Debbie

You should engage the services of a professional closing company which handles Florida closings to handle all details, including preparation of a new deed and recording it in the appropriate county, handling escrow of funds between buyer and seller, obtaining estoppel letter from resort (indicates in writing that there are no existing unpaid bills, confiriming this from a source other than just the sellers' own assertions) and paying the resort transfer fee (if any -- most resorts charge at least $50, some much more, very few charge none at all).

Closing company costs (except for the unknown amount of the resort transfer fee) will be right around $300 --- no more, possibly a little bit less. My own favorite closing company is Timeshare Transfer of Vero Beach, FL. JRA is another closing company about which people also report favorable experiences. There is no need to look any further than one of these two, in my opinion, since NO ONE ELSE will be either any better or any cheaper. For the record, I have no affiliation with either one, but I have used Timeshare Transfer many times as both buyer and seller and they are excellent. Any intelligent buyer who wants to ensure that things get done correctly and who (understandably) wants a "middleman" to handle the funds will insist upon using a reputable closing company. Some of the eBay "mega-seller" closing companies are borderline incompetent, but that's another subject...