Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Important Update Affecting Resale Purchasers (by Sr E.):

Hello fellow Vistana owners,

I am disappointed with the manner in which the Management Board is handling the entire matter. I feel that there has been no consultation with the people that are footing the bill for the privilege of having an enhanced vacation experience. I would think that a request for such a substantial amount of money, in a non-emergency situation, would have required special and extraordinary steps, including information and discussion with the association members via websites and forums created, communiques and circulars delivered, and any other communication other than simply being told that a decision was made to spend an amount of money for refurbishments.

Unlike a hurricane, this is not an act of God, which requires speed in order to mitigate the damage. I feel that this decision by the Board of Directors was more a matter of expedience rather than an executive decision made in the interests of the owners. This move, on the face of it, appears to be primarily for the benefit of the Sheraton corporation as I cannot see how any requirement to pay a levy regardless of how it is characterized be seen as favorable to the person who pays it. Given that this is a first impression of my view of this fee, I would have thought it incumbent upon the Directors to address all association members' concerns before such a charge is imposed.

I'm also concerned that my concerns are being filtered, or even intercepted perhaps, by the SVO Association Management. I don't know about you, but I would think that there is a slight possibility that the interests of the SVO Management and those of an association member's might conflict. You would think that, in order to at least present that this decision was determined in a fair and impartial manner, communciation would be between the Board and the members directly.

And that is what I would like to know from you. Of those that wrote to their Assocation's Board of Directors, how many actually received a response from a Board Director? I didn't. How many others didn't? Are our complaints actually reaching the ears of the people who we elected to represent us? The people who supposedly made this decision in the interest of their members? If not, why not?!

I, too, would be interested in being part of a group effort to see that our concerns are being properly addressed by our associations' executive. Perhaps a group may get the attention of the Board, when a solitary owner does not. At least I'd feel as if I am doing something other than just paying the fee grudgingly.

By the way, I am also a 20-year multi-unit owner, and I am both surprised and disappointed by this particular decision of the Board of Directors. Had they approached it in a different manner, perhaps I wouldn't have been so surprised and therefore, disappointed. But they did, and I am.

gawdelpme@hotmail.com