Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Important Update Affecting Resale Purchasers (by Laurie S.):

I totally share the oppinions of these last posters.. I too have owned since 1981.. and I am sick and tired of "MONEY PEOPLE" making decisions that cost the rest of us money that we can't and won't afford. I agree,, if I want to redo my home.. I shop for the best value.. but these people aren't spending their own money,,, they are spending what they can get of ours. Alas .. they dont' care what it costs. I have always loved vistana for it's florida look. They want to make it into something that doesn't even resemble Florida. WHY?? Because with their Upscale lifestyles, this is what THEY like in their homes. Well I for one don't need Granite countertops and all the fancy EXPENSIVE decorations, when I am on vacation. The units were beautiful.. yes they need to be updated, but that is what our maintainence fees are paid for. And I say,, they need to it within That budget.. just as we do. Granite requires a LOT of maintainence,,, and is NOT trouble free.. it can be damaged very easily.. And what is wrong with the walls and room layouts, so that they are going to be moving them and taking out the pocket doors etc. That's just a waist of MONEY.And I am Really sorry that our super SPOILED society of vacationers require 35inch plasma TV 's in all the rooms..$$$ If you want to sit and watch TV ... why would you come all the way to Fl to do it..Just another example of Wasting someone else's money. Just some DESIGNER'S idea on how to get more money for doing a job that could be done just as efficiently to acheive a nice unit for half the cost. WAKE UP AND SMELL the COFFEE.... WE DON'T ALL HAVE TO HAVE THE BEST!! Clean and nice and well appointed is fine for most of us. These renovation plans are OVER the TOP... and unneeded. !! Sorry folks,, but read some of the previous postings.. the Attorney General wants NOTHING to do with Timeshares at all. There are some avenues to go offered in one of the earlier postings.. but I don't know how much that will do either. I do believe you're right.. perhaps a class action suit is needed. Someone has to bring them in to the Real world of the Majority Timeshare owners.