Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Important Update Affecting Resale Purchasers (by Sharon K.):

Thanks for your comments Brett. I've owned Courts for 4 years and I can assure you I had absolutely no warning about this refurb. Up till recently I got info booklets in Spanish which isn't great when I have no Spanish at all. I only got it in English because I was getting chased by the finance office. I checked back the minutes and from these I see the board consulted one person - fellow board member from another area on the site. I don't expect them to consult with everyone, a sample would do, but when you are there to represent owners (not manage them) I think it's pretty important. Your decisions should be representative of owners. I own another timeshare in Scotland. It is being refurbished for the 3rd time within my ownership and it is currently undergoing $3Million for the indoor pool and sports facilities. I believe my contribution to this will be approx an extra $200 (not a huge estate with 100's of units). The owners (MacDonalds) will foot the bill to keep their rental premiums up and maintain their RCI status. That is why this Sheraton business is not making me happy. I get regular updates about this Scottish timeshare and I have the contact details of my board members because they actually want to hear what owners have to say. I've never had to contact them because I am truly happy with how the timeshare is managed. I do love my Florida Timeshare but didn't think I'd end up with such a huge surprise bill to pay. I don't want to sell as we have a great family holiday there but I do want to pay for other units to be refurb'd when I get no benefit from that. I am happy to pay for refurb charged but this has not been thought out. It's just plain poor communications and poor management from Sheraton and the board