Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Important Update Affecting Resale Purchasers (by Brett W.):

Nope, all I am stating is that you have got to quit the BMW'ing about this refurb. It is moving you either pay the refurb fee (which believe me I was NOT happy about) or you sell your unit for the best price and saddle someone else or Starwood with the fee. If you pay the refurb you are really NOT going to get anything for the 'investment', Starwood will, but there is no value (except your week) to the owner. But this string is not getting anyone anywhere with the State of Florida or Starwood. I would say if 50,000 owners stood up and said no, then there would be discussion but that is NOT happening. You either pay or you don't, that's the bottom line. Timeshares are NOT all that they are pumped up to be. I don't regret getting the timeshare, but it does cost a bit to keep it up (i.e. maintenance fees, taxes, refurb fees, exchange fees). It's getting close to being a lose lose situation, it was a lose win situation before refurb. But let's be realistic here there is no corporate plot to take your money away, there is no corporate plot to charge you a fee that is too high for the work to be done, etc. Starwood has a commitment and that is to its shareholders NOT the owners, the owners are just a nuisance to them, hence so are the Condo Boards. If Starwood had its way it would knockdown all of the 1, 2 and 3 story units sitting on its property and build 6, 8 and 10 story buildings it can bring in more 'suckers (myself included)' to buy the overpriced time shares. You have seen answers from lawyers in this string. There is really nothing that can be done (I have also confirmed this with a lawyer in FL too). I don't know what else your going to do by extending this string and putting out mis-information on the Board (not talking to any owners about this refurb, etc) and the overinflated numbers on the refurb itself, etc. It doesn't help and it is not going to change a thing (unless of course you can sway 50,000 owners to your cause).