Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Important Update Affecting Resale Purchasers (by Charlotte J.):

hazelm19 wrote:
Vistana are panicking now. I wrote a letter to them saying we were getting in touch with the media in the U.S.A National newspapers etc. and they immediately phoned me to ask if I just want them to take our two weeks back but for nothing. " I thought they said Florida law would not let them do this". We are delighted with this just to get rid of it but we are awaiting the paperwork from them. I know in the future they are going to take a huge maintenance fee when they build in reserves so we would rather not have this. We have had our money out of this as we bought in 1981. We could never trust people like this again when they have tried so hard to get our money. Our maintenance fee always depends on the state of the exchange rate at the time so we never know what it is going to be.
Hazel, in what seems to be your last post back in August, you mentioned Vistana had offered to take the unit off your hands and were supposed to be sending through the paperwork. I am a UK owner and having tried a similar approach I have received mixed messages from the people at Vistana (unsuprisingly). I am very interested to know the outcome of your situation - thanks!