Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Important Update Affecting Resale Purchasers (by Beck):

jeffreyc81 wrote:
Joseph, You and me both. I wonder just who is the IDIOT here??? Who would pay thousands of dollars on something they say they know is worth only in the hundreds. I guess we know the answer to that question now don't we??? Bye bye Susan...
I think the problem for owners is the developer has an organized, professional sales force which creates a captive audience for high pressure and focused sales experience. This includes a good amount of emotional influence, often to people newer to timesharing.

In contrast, re-sale buyers already know a lot about timeshare prices and value and have the opportunity to view timeshare buying from a commodity rather than emotional, perspective. resale sellers have little or no ability to impose an exclusive or emotional emphasis on the buyer, and no impression of the impression the deal will be lost if the buyer doesn't act before the presentation is over.

I always felt the resort sales staff or developer would be better off setting up a program for owners to sell re-sale units on site. By selling units on site, resale sellers would realize higher value which would keep non-onsite prices higher and even if the developer is still selling units, the difference between the direct sale price and resale would be smaller - which I feel would enable developers to sell more units since a buyer will have less price incentive to buy resale.