Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again! (by Charles S.):

When I wrote this, I meant that timeshares from other companies such as Marriott, Hilton, and Starwood have also increased their maintenance fees.

If you are in DRI's the Club, you do pay maintenances fees but only for the collection of resorts you belong to. I looked at the maintenance fees for the Hawaii collection and they pay more in maintenance fees than the US collection. Hawaii usually has higher maintenance fees in all of the timeshares. I own in Marriott and its maintenance fees are higher than other Marriott timeshares. That is because Hawaii has other taxes that they charge timeshares that some other states don't charge.

The point is yes DRI sets the MF charge, but you only pay for timeshares that you have the most access to and have priority. From what I am led to believe from other posts I have read, if you belong to the Club, your MF may be less than the deeded week owners.