Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again! (by Beck):

I am so disappointed. I started this thread two years ago and people are posting the same thing without learning from any of the posts over the two years.

In reference to the recent posts about losing Club, it is not acceptable for DRI owners to claim theiy don't know what CC&R's they are bound to simply because they did not buy from DRI. Call DRI and ask for the Club Rules And Regulations Governing Document, or Rules and Regulations. Then read it, Please!

I am no longer an owner with DRI, so the best I can do is quote from the 2009 rules. - First, I bring to your attention that anyone in Club participates in the Club membership. "Membership" is usually something you do not have rights to, but privilege to. This suggests you or whomever you sell your ownership to might not have continued access to the Club membership. - Second, the 2009 rules on page 8, section 3 "Participation in the Club" begins with this sentence "A purchaser becomes eligible to join ..." which as far as I interpret it means you don't have the right to join, you have the privilege to join ... regardless of whether you realized it or not. - On page 9 of the same section there is text stating no purchaser shall become a member of the Club automatically, even though once you become a member your membership will be automatically renewed unless conditions dictate your membership be terminated. My apologies for not quoting, the PDF from DRI is setup to prevent copy/past actions. - There is more information in the articles, and I am confident the 2011 version has revisions to it. - Specifically in the articles, article 3.5 on the 2009 version page 15 basically states that aside from a few exceptions, Club membership will not pass to a resale purchaser. PLEASE read this to understand the details! My summary is not what you should rely on.

It's important to request and read the documents you signed when buying, and request and read documents from the company which aquired the company you purchased at. Even resale buyers have access to this, and in the last few years DRI provides this (the last I could look) online to download. Please call DRI for help downloading these docs. There are a good number of important ones to read.

I've also read a lot of posts about anger regarding fees going up, resorts going to pot, class action lawsuits, and how owners need to get control of their resorts. Stop talking about it and do it! And I've got to say, for all the people complaining about the quality of their resorts, I've seen a lot of improvements and upgrades since DRI increased the maintenance fees. Powhatan, for example, is significantly improved - as are others I've seen before and since DRI took over. If you don't like the manner in which changes have taken place it's a tough task to get owners to cooperate ... and that includes you.

Sorry for being harsh, just sad that after two years I don't see anything new.