Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again! (by Annette R.):

I have not yet had any serious problems with DRI, although I do agree that they have reduced benefits from what they were under Sunterra. The fees go up every year, and we get less for them. Under Sunterra, you could exchange within the Sungterra owned resorts for no additional fee. Now you cannot do that anymore. Either you have to use Interval and pay their fee or buy into the Club so you can exchange your points. I bought into the club about 10 years ago and I now have 15000 points per year with a deed at Grand Beach near Orlando, FL. But I use my points for exchanges. This year we are spending 2 weeks in the Smoky mountains, and I was able to use points that I had banked last year for a first class plane ticket from the east coast to California to visit my family there. I got the check for the plane ticket within two weeks. So I have not run into any real problems. But when I read all these posts, I feel fearful of what might happen in the future!