Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again! (by Java G.):

I am thinking of small claims court. They wrote back and this is what they said:

Dear ___, We have received your Sept. 19th fax.

Enclosed is the requested copy of the report your completed.

Your claim was carefull evaluated by the claims committee. Maintenance responded to your unit to fix the sliding glass door on the vening of June 2, 2014. He was only able to apply WD-40 in the track at that time due to your request for the door to be repaired the next day after 10 a.m. The incident that occurred was at 8:30 a.m. prior to the specified arrival time of maintenance. Therefore, you would be aware that the door needed repair, and due to your request it would not be repaired until after 10 a.m. The claims committee failed to see any liability on the part of the resort.

Our offer of the 400 point returned to your account as a gesture of goodwill remains. Please have your signature notarized on the enclosed settlement and release agreement. Upon receipt of the xecuted settlement documens, we shall refund the points back to your account.

Sincerely,

Risk Management Team

And that's NOT what went down or the way it happened.

davidk689 wrote:
assuming you have health insurance and filed a claim for the treatment you received, your insurance company should be going after them to recover anything they put out.

You might also want to file small claims against them and/or report the safety violation to the Gila County Health Dept.

javag wrote:
Yeah. no kidding, trying to sell me points.

My finger was slammed by the sliding glass door when I pushed on it when it stuck and my hand was on the other side. An accident report was taken, the door was fixed and they are denying the claim? No wonder the GM of that property left DRI within a month of this happening. Plus the fact they worked him almost to death. He was changing sheets and doing housekeeping because they can't keep workers there.

I wrote back and asked why it was denied.