Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again! (by David K.):

You may just be speaking to someone who assumes you are on points. As a deeded owner you have the absolute right to book any week which is not previously booked by someone else. I don't always get my first choice of weeks (or split weeks) but do end up getting something fairly close to what I first wanted.

If you think they are jerking you around try this: call up to make a reservation as just someone who is not an owner but just looking for hotel accommodations. Get some dates when there are rooms available. Write them down and then tell them you will call them back after you confer with your spouse (or whoever). Record the call.

Next call them (it would be good to have two different people doing this) to make a reservation on one of those weeks as an owner. Record the call. If they tell you nothing is available just politely say you will call them back.

File an action in small claims court (probably Coconino County) for the full amount of your annual maintenance fee + any legal costs incurred (filing fees, process serving, collecting, etc). You might also want to include your cost of other lodging for the week if you decide to go to Sedona and stay somewhere else.